Saturday, November 06, 2004

Vote

[Listening to: Take My Hand [*] - Dido - No Angel (06:43)]


Here I stand,
am I three-fifths the man I was less than a century ago?
Years ago when I needed an education and had not a voice, you blackmailed me
When I submitted my ballot with registration anew, you spat in my face
telling me florida knew who to choose

Uniformity is stagnation
In a majority I'm still the minority
Richard Pryor found strength in "Nigga"
But I'll be damned if I accept someone saying it to my face

A bird in the hand
Isn't worth another four with this bush
My weapon of mass destruction won't be found just like your last try
because your answer lies beneath these murky pools
the south will not rise

Find your reason


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home